Mycroft Masada is a nonbinary trans and queer Jewish leader with 30 years of experience who moved to Gaithersburg, Maryland (Montgomery County near Washington DC) from their lifelong home of Boston in 2014. A TransEpiscopal Steering Committee member and former Congregation Am Tikva board member, Mycroft is particularly called to pursue LGBTQ+ and fat justice, and is an advocate, organizer, consultant, educator, trainer, writer and artist. They are married to Julia McCrossin, the mas(s)culine fatshion blogger, and with her they co-parent a dogter. Their central online home is MasadArts.blogspot.com.


Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | My artwork (stationery, jewelry & more)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm showing my art at the Jamaica Plain library again!

I'm showing my art at the Jamaica Plain library again!


Mycroft Masada Holmes art show at Jamaica Plain library!

August 5 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm*
Jamaica Plain public library
12 Sedgwick Street
Jamaica Plain, MA

Hello!

In July of 2008, I showed my artwork at the Jamaica Plain public library (a branch of the Boston Public Library). I did it through the Jamaica Plain Centre/South Main Streets organization’s First Thursdays program.

“Each first Thursday of the month, businesses along Centre and South Streets are transformed into galleries featuring works from local artists. Opening receptions at each location, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., offer a chance to meet the artists, enjoy refreshments, and experience JP's fabulous businesses in an entirely new light. Artworks usually remain on display for the remainder of the month.”

It was a great experience, and I’m sorry that I was too busy last summer to do it again. I’ll have the display case. Another artist might have the wall space. I will be there the whole time, there will be refreshments, and the library will be open for business.

*Thursday August 5th is the opening reception -- my show will be there all of August.

My 2008 show (my blog post):

First Thursdays website:
First Thursdays blog:

JP public library website:

: - ) Mycroft

*******
Mycroft Masada Holmes
Co-Chair, Interfaith Coalition for Transgender Equality (ICTE)
Member, Steering Committee, Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC)
Emeritus Founding Chair, Transgender Working Group (TWiG), Keshet
http://masadarts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go so much! I expect you'll be a smash with your art show, and I can't wait to hear all about it.
-J