Thursday, October 27, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
I ordered business cards and stickers from VistaPrint yesterday! The cards are the same ones I’ve had from them twice before, just with updated text. (My primary symbol is a blue dragon, and they actually had this photo in stock. It’s an outdoor bas-relief wall in China -- see the plants at the bottom? I ran into a Chinese visitor in Harvard Square who was very surprised to see somewhere he’d been at home on my card.) The stickers are a first for me, 1.5”; they’re mostly to put on my larger artwork and the gift wrapping thereof. I didn’t reorder my matching address labels, because I plan to move in with my partner Julia early next year. I highly recommend VistaPrint – and if you say I sent you, we both get rewarded, so.
Friday, October 14, 2011
ICTE's latest message to our supporters, published today:
r Equal Rights Bill faith campaign
Happy Jewish New Year, Sukkot, Fall and all other seasons’ greetings!
The Massachusetts legislature has returned from vacation, and the next part of the campaign for the Transgender Equal Rights Bill has begun -- and we want to let you know how you can be part of it.
Here’s how we’re asking the faith community to take action:
1) Phone bank for the bill at MassEquality. Tuesdays from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Calling voters and transferring them to their legislators' voicemail boxes in support of the Transgender Equal Rights Bill. Contact Justin Lemley at 617.878.2344 firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Groups are more than welcome, and we would be happy to publicize your community’s participation.
2) Call, email, and write your legislators. They hear from the opposition every day – they need to hear from us more.
3) Participate in the 3rd annual Transgender Awareness Week. Saturday November 12th through Sunday November 20th (international Trangender Day of Remembrance, http://www.masstpc.org/events/
4) Sign our Declaration of Interfaith Support for the bill. Read the current signed version as a PDF -- http://tinyurl.com/3dnkbkv -- then add your signature by emailing us at InterfaithCoalition@gmail.org.
5) Spread the word about the bill to everyone you can! We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the response. One of the most common responses we receive – including from people of faith – is a variation of “I thought transgender people were already protected by the law! We need to correct this right away!”
With your partnership, we can amend the law so that it does protect transgender people. We look forward to working with you this fall. And we encourage you to connect with us through our online homes:
ICTE FB group:
Faith campaign FB event:
Yours in great excitement and hope,
Interfaith Coalition for Transgender Equality (ICTE)
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
LGBTQ Community Meeting
7:00PM at The Non-Profit Center Community Room, 89 South St. Boston, MA 02111
All LGBTQ people and allies are invited. The fight for equality in
Massachusetts is not over. You can’t spell community without the T. We will be discussing the Transgender Equal Rights Bill, specifically where it is at right now and what we can do as a community to help pass this legislation. Bring you ideas and suggestions to the table. For more information about the legislation visit www.masstpc.org
Sponsored by Mass Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC), Transgender Equal Rights Coalition, MassEquality, MGLPC, The Boston Bisexual Women’s Network, The Cambridge GLBT Commission
Meeting space donated by Boston Pride Committee