Mycroft Masada is a nonbinary trans and queer Jewish leader with 30 years of experience who moved to Gaithersburg, Maryland (Montgomery County near Washington DC) from their lifelong home of Boston in 2014. A TransEpiscopal Steering Committee member and former Congregation Am Tikva board member, Mycroft is particularly called to pursue LGBTQ+ and fat justice, and is an advocate, organizer, consultant, educator, trainer, writer and artist. They are married to Julia McCrossin, the mas(s)culine fatshion blogger, and with her they co-parent a dogter. Their central online home is MasadArts.blogspot.com.


Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | My artwork (stationery, jewelry & more)

Thursday, January 23, 2020

"Is that the man-lady?"

Dear Diary, and social media --

Today I was in Target, and a young girl kept asking her mother “Is that the man-lady?” -- because “they look like the man-lady”. Nu, I knew I was _a_ man-lady, but _The_ Man-Lady? I must be moving up in the world!

Yours truly, and Trewly

Lord-Lady / Lady-Lord Mycroft Masada Holmes-McCrossin
Of Gaithersburg-Upon-Washington
Lately Of Boston-By-The-Sea

P.s. This is not to say that I don’t also find these experiences challenging -- and many of my fellow trans and gender nonconforming people find them more so (and some find them less). How much more so as they happen every time I leave my house. But, especially as a trans Jew, or Trew, I also need to find the happiness and humor in them.  
๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿณ️‍⚧๐Ÿคด

No comments: