Mycroft Masada is a faith leader who moved to the Washington DC area from hir lifelong home of Boston MA in January 2014; a founding member of TransFaith’s National Council, steering committee member of TransEpiscopal, and former board member of Congregation Am Tikva. Mycroft is called to work for social justice at the intersections of faith, LGBTQI+ and fat communities, and is a writer and artist. Zie is partnered with Julia McCrossin, the mas(s)culine fatshion blogger, and they co-parent a dogter.

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | My artwork (stationery, jewelry & more)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Think chocolaty, act locally


So now that the surprise won’t be spoiled, I can tell you about the Valentines I got for my Julia and my mum-in-sin. I wanted to get locally-made chocolate, and I was almost out of time before the blizzard, so I went to City Feed and Supply.

For Julia, a Vianne Chocolat (Jamaica Plain) Organic Pug Bar – a chocolate bar molded as a row of sitting pugs; only $3 yet 25 cents of each is donated to the MSPCA-Angell.

For mum, a packet of two EHChocolatier (Somerville) Pecan Clusters (turtles -- she loves the animal and the confection).

And I’d found the perfect gift wrap at Boomerangs -- a handmade dog-print fabric pouch with a bone-print ribbon and button closure, and a pottery jar that said “GRANDMA’S TREATS”. And I added a homemade card and whatnot.

And they sent me the sweetest cards – including one from Ursula!
Post a Comment