Mycroft Masada is a faith leader who moved to the Washington DC area from hir lifelong home of Boston MA in January 2014; a founding member of TransFaith’s National Council, steering committee member of TransEpiscopal, and former board member of Congregation Am Tikva. Mycroft is called to work for social justice at the intersections of faith, LGBTQI+ and fat communities, and is a writer and artist. Zie is partnered with Julia McCrossin, the mas(s)culine fatshion blogger, and they co-parent a dogter.

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | My artwork (stationery, jewelry & more)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Online condolence gift & card for my partner Julia McCrossin

“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
 James Matthew Barrie 
(Scottish dramatist and novelist; creator of Peter Pan; 1860-1937)

Julia, myself, her father and mother on Thanksgiving Day of 2009 (J and I met that July 5th) at a hotel dinner in MD; photo taken by our waitress.

My partner Julia McCrossin's friends are passing around an online condolence gift jar and card for her – “Julia’s Jar”. J has had a very challenging past year and some, and her father passed away last week. Please consider giving / signing / sharing (FB, Twitter, Tumblr, email…) / commenting / Liking / etc. 


J and her family are okay financially and otherwise. But this will help further her self-care, help us visit each other sooner and better, and help her move to Boston to live with me (we’ve always been long distance, and our 3rd anniversary is July 5th). J will also donate to Montgomery Hospice's Casey House (Rockville, MD), her father’s hospice – and she invites anyone to donate to them directly. 

This was created by Ginny and Heather – very special thanks to them, and many thanks to everyone involved!  This is yet another excellent example of why the fat and allied community is truly a community; so amazing, wonderful, rare, vitally needed, and much more. 

Julia's thank-you note:

"Thanks to everyone who has sent me words of support and care at this difficult time. I may not be able to respond to everyone personally, but I have benefited from each and every message. Your kindness means the world to me. I've also written a thank you response to anyone connected to the online efforts on my behalf:

I’m still bowled over by all of this, and I wish I had the ability to truly put into words how moved and humbled I am by the efforts you all have done on my behalf. The time, effort, coordination, and infrastructure utilized to make me feel better at such a difficult time is so beyond anything I could ever expect, and for that I am so grateful for your care, concern, and friendship. I don’t know how I lucked into knowing so many wonderfully loving people who think so well of me, and I hope that I can continue to be worthy of your warm regard. Please know that I am blessed to have each of you in my life, and I hope I continue to be the person you think so kindly of. I hope one day to be able to thank all of you in person, and to return the favor when I am able. Big fat hugs to all of you!"

http://juliasjar.com/
Post a Comment