Mycroft Masada is a faith leader who moved to the Washington DC area from hir lifelong home of Boston MA in January 2014; a founding member of TransFaith’s National Council, steering committee member of TransEpiscopal, and former board member of Congregation Am Tikva. Mycroft is called to work for social justice at the intersections of faith, LGBTQI+ and fat communities, and is a writer and artist. Zie is partnered with Julia McCrossin, the mas(s)culine fatshion blogger, and they co-parent a dogter.

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | My artwork (stationery, jewelry & more)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Congregation Am Tikva’s Persian Purim Costume Dinner

Congregation Am Tikva, or “CAT”, is the GLBT synagogue of Boston and where I’m a member.


Tonight we celebrated Purim (rather like the Jewish Halloween, at least here in the States) by having a Costume Dinner at Molana, the Persian restaurant in Watertown. I’d never been to Molana (and I don't think I'd been to another Persian restaurant, or had much Persian cuisine) and want to return – we had an excellent experience.


Alas, many of the guests weren't able to attend due to last minute conflicts. But that turned out to mean we had a perfect intimate group, and were able to all be part of one conversation. And the costumes were wonderful – a Queen Vashti, two Queen Esthers (all three very different), an explorer (complete with pith helmet), and our Indian Muslim member in native dress of his own design and making. I wore my anime (Japanese animation) cat ears.

I took some photos of us with my cell phone, and will figure out how to put those online asap...
Post a Comment